Happy 4 of July to all the American readers! Since we’re on summer and most of us have holidays on this season, I’ve decided to share some of my tips for planning a trip.
Planning in advance your trip is really important to get the most out of it, save money and avoid incidentals.
These are some tips that I take into account for planning my travels.
- Booking in advance your plane tickets. Ok, this is a pretty obvious one, but what if you haven’t done that? If you start planning your trip a few days before it is actually taking place, buying your plane tickets in advance won’t be possible. In this case I think that the best option is being flexible with your destination. The reason for this is that the price of plane tickets fluctuates depending on the season and destination, so if you can’t afford to travel to a certain place, you can look for alternative options and plan on travelling to that place on another time.
- Buy transport passes. For moving around the city instead of buying a single ticket for public transport, buy a ticket for a day.
- Prepare a schedule. Having a schedule with all the places you want to visit will save you time, and allow you to make the most of your trip.
- Stay in apartments or hostels instead of hotels. In some destinations hotels can be quite expensive in certain seasons. Consider booking an apartment or hostel.
- Travel with the essential. By travelling with a few items, the essential things you need, you will avoid paying for excess luggage, and it will be easier to move around not only in the airport but as well from the airport to your accommodation, specially if you use public transport. Besides we really don’t need many things for travelling and enjoying new places 😊
I hope that these tips are helpful, and I’d like to know your tips for planning your holiday trip!